What Makes A Crime Aggravated On the latest episode of Crime Scene Kitchen 2023, Kristy and Tarsha found themselves eliminated from the competition in Episode 9. This followed the earlier eliminations of Jenae and Christina, as well as Dayveon and Donovan in previous episodes.
The Thrill of Crime Scene Kitchen
The reality baking competition series, Crime Scene Kitchen, returned for its second season on June 5, 2023, following its debut on May 26, 2021. This exciting culinary guessing game continues to tantalize viewers with its delectable creations.
Season 2 introduces twelve new teams of bakers, comprising six teams of amateur bakers and six teams of classically trained bakers. The seasoned judges, Curtis Stone and Yolanda Gampp, return to assess the contestants’ culinary prowess. Joel McHale resumes his role as the host and guide for the competition.
Each episode presents a unique challenge: contestants must create a dessert solely based on clues left in a kitchen, including flour trails and crumbs. They must identify and recreate the dessert for the judges. The team with the weakest performance in the second round faces elimination.
In a recap of previous eliminations:
- Steph and Cherry were eliminated in Episode 8.
- Torre & Michelle, Dayveon and Donovan, and Jenae and Christina were eliminated in earlier episodes.
The competition unfolds through two rounds per episode, beginning with a safety round where bakers collect clues to deduce the mystery dessert. The team that comes closest to unraveling the dessert gains immunity and advances.
The remaining teams return to the crime scene kitchen for the elimination round, where the weakest-performing duo is sent packing each week. Contestants must push their creative boundaries to secure a spot in the next round and inch closer to the grand prize of $100,000.
Highlights from Selected Episodes
- Episode 1: Welcome Self Taught Bakers: Bakers deciphered that the mystery dessert was a citrus pie. Tarsha & Kristy made a Key Lime Pie, Torre & Mishelle created a Lemon Chiffon Pie, Donovan & Dayveon prepared Citrus Curd Pie, and T & Fadi whipped up a Lemon Meringue Pie. Steph & Cherry won the safety round by correctly identifying the Atlantic Beach Pie. Unfortunately, Dayveon and Donovan were eliminated in the first episode.
- Episode 2: Meet the Classically-Trained Competition: The classically trained bakers entered the competition. In the first challenge, bakers made various flavored donuts, and Laissa and Camille secured victory. In the elimination challenge, Jenae & Christina were eliminated.
- Episode 3: Self-Taught Not So Simple: In this episode, self-taught bakers explored a twist on a classic sweet. Cherry & Steph won with their Coffee Streusel Brownies and Creme de Menthe Brownies. Torre & Mitchell were eliminated.
- Episode 7: The Merge – A Total Crepe Shoot: With six teams remaining, the classically trained bakers faced off against the self-taught bakers. T and Fadi won the first challenge with their Apple Tarte Tatin. Unfortunately, Sally and Sherry were eliminated after an intense 30-layer crepe cake challenge.
Meet the Judges and Contestants
Season 2 of Crime Scene Kitchen boasts a panel of esteemed judges:
- Yolanda Gampp: A YouTuber and self-taught Canadian baker known for her viral success. She co-judges in the newest season of the show.
- Curtis Stone: An Australian chef renowned for his culinary expertise. He serves as the fresh food and recipe ambassador for Coles Supermarkets Australia and owns several restaurants.
Among the contestants in Season 2 are both classically trained and self-taught bakers, offering a diverse range of talents and experiences. The competition is fierce, and only the most skilled bakers will advance in this high-stakes culinary guessing game.